Happy Saturday! Lots to do today! Little bits of wonderful are on the way!!!
- Crank out papers
- Hit Lowes for a new rug (because of a little surprise…stay tuned)
- buy punkins…duh
- take daughter to cross country at 5:45 am
- don’t go back to sleep
- hit Target (for another special sumpin’ for the little surprise)
- keep cranking out the papers
- post this great little autumny dish for y’all to savor….
It was a GORGEOUS evening the night before Autumn officially started. I made this for ‘Scarecrow’, who said it was delicious, and we sat outside to eat dinner and drink our bottle of Gewurztraminer.
She didn’t seem to notice the shallots…whew!
What is it about pumpkin and cashews together? So good….
- 4 Tbs butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 lb pumpkin (or acorn squash), seeded, peeled and finely diced.
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 12 oz rigatoni or penne pasta
- 3/4 cup Half-n-Half cream
- 4 Tsb FRESHLY GRATED parmesan, plus a bunch more
- 3 tbs flat leaf parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper….lots of fresh pepper
Melt butter, add shallots and some salt. Cook until soft. Add the squash and nutmeg. Cook on low 45 minutes stirring occasionally. Near the end, cook and drain the pasta, but reserve about a cup of pasta water. Add the cream, 4 tbs parmesan, and chopped parsley to the squash. Salt and pepper to taste. Cook a minute more to heat the cream. If it seems too thick, add dashes of pasta water. Toss the pasta and squash sauce together, top with the cashews. Top with more parmesan (aka calcium, vitamin K2, and protein). Got sit outside to eat this one…enjoy your yard before all the leaves drop.