This is a DELICIOUS cold soup. EASY to do and nutrient packed.
Grapes are inexpensive right now so make a huge batch and share.
Eat it with a tuna sandwich or pimento cheese on pumpernickel.
Or for the kids….a green grape smoothie and an almond butter samitch for lunch.
In a blender or food processor:
- 2 peeled and seeded cucumbers
- about 3/4 pound green grapes, 3 cups-ish
- the leaves from 4 six inch mint spigs…(26 leaves to be exact…I counted for you Mimi)
Buzz this up and taste it. Good the way it is huh?
- Now add 1/4 sliced almonds
taste it now! Add more if you like. Those 4 ingredients are the basic recipe. Keep going if you want.
If you want a creamier texture and don’t have issues with dairy products…
- add 1 cup of yogurt
To knock down the sweetness if you’re serving this with a white fish for dinner
- Add some vegetable broth in increments of 1/4 cup. buzz, taste, buzz, taste
how to quickly seed a cuke:
use a grapefruit spoon!